Photobucket
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."
(Proverbs 3:5-
6)

Friday, July 30, 2010

Where It All Started...Part 1

Before I get you caught up on how we got to this point (don't worry, I'm not starting with 27 years ago) I need to tell you where the inspiration came from to not only start this blog, but to dedicate myself to writing down a journal of our journeys each week. During one of our "stops" this baseball season in Tri-Cities, Washington (more on this stop later) we met 2 other baseball couples. The Weatherford's and the Corely's. They became our friends, and the wives, Jill and Emily, became like my family over the course of a month. There is a lot of time spent apart from our husbands during basebal season. So we made the most of it and filled our time in each other's companies. Jill Weatherford is Aaron's wife. She is the red head and has a cute Mississippi accent.

Photobucket
(Left to Right, Emily, me, Jill)

Here are a few things you should know about Jill:

-She loves to cook. And by loves I mean she cooks Julia style
-she has it all "together" and I mean ALL.
-she exercises
-she's organized
-she's funny
-she's sweet. And by sweet I mean "ya'll come down here and sit on my porch while I make you some fresh sweet tea" sweet.
-she would actually say the quote above along with "now let me run out yonder to my lemon tree and I'll be right back ya hear? Nothin' is the same without fresh lemons!"

Now, it may seem weird that I'm blogging about a girl whom I've only known for 4 weeks. Well, first of all, 4 weeks in baseball time is the equivalent to about 6 months in real time. Just ask our husbands who've all been on the DL (disabled list) for 4 weeks before... or in our case 3 years. Second of all, Jill is who inspired me to start "blogging."

Jill has a blog and she does such an awesome job that it gave me the inspiration to try. TRY being the key word. When I saw her blog, I thought how wonderful it was that she was going to have a journal of their life. One to look back on years from now and remember how lucky they were to have an opportunity like this. One like we have too.

Until I find my own style of blogging, I pretty much used Jill's layout and overall ideas to create our blog. I asked her if she was sure she was okay with this and her response was "I'm so excited you are starting a blog! Call me and I will walk you through exactly how I do everything on my blog." Calling her wont be as easy as her showing me in person, but what I will miss even more is drinking her fresh made sweet tea with lemon and homeade cookies while doing it.

I hope she knows that copying is the finest form of flattery ;)
Thank you JILL!!

Next Post: Where it all began Part 2 will get you caught up on where we are now, starting with leaving Spring training!

3 comments:

  1. Not sure I know about "how to" blog.... but I'm liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LYNDSEY! You are entirely too sweet!! This blog is the cutest thing! I'm so glad I can "stalk" you now!! :) I MISS YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and.... I'm glad you didn't start with 27 years ago! ha.

    ReplyDelete